Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In The Beginning...

I'm sure we've all heard the saying "Every cloud has a silver lining". I wish! Clouds may all have linings, but they aren't all silver. Mostly, I'd say that they're brass. They look nice enough, but not worth a whole bunch. Now don't go thinking that I'm super cynical. I tend to look on the bright side, but lets be honest, sometimes the bright side is just a nightlight in a child's room. Just barely enough to keep the thought of monsters away.

I started this blog because sometimes you just need to put your thoughts out there in the world. Right now my thoughts center mostly on being single, unemployed and living with my parents. Oh, and my car is dead. Wow...When I type it out like that it makes me seem pretty pathetic. I don't think that I'm alone out there though, not in this economy. So here's a little bit about me:
At the beginning of April I got laid off, as did my company's pregnant secretary. At the end of April I left my boyfriend of 4 years and took the dog with me. I moved back home with my parents. At the time it seemed mutual, but a month later he was trying to reconcile. Looking back on it, I think he just wanted the dog back. In may I registered my car and went to get it inspected. $350 and 2 garages later it turns out that there's a valve in my engine that needs to be replaced and that it would take $1300 to $1500 to do it. I didn't even have the $350 I'd already spent so there was no way I was going to dump that much money on a 10 year old car.

So that's a nutshell version of how I got here. What's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment